OSEG Accessible Service Policy
Ottawa Sports and Entertainment Group is the parent company to TD Place, the Ottawa REDBLACKS Football Club and Ottawa 67’s Hockey Club, and a partner of OSEG Foundation. For the purpose of this policy, unless indicated otherwise, all of the above companies are referred to as OSEG.
OSEG is dedicated to creating a ‘best in class’ destination for families and guests of all ages that offers unique sports and entertainment experiences and creates cherished memories. With our four core values of Teamwork, Integrity, Passion, and Innovation we strive to create memorable experiences for all of our guests.
OSEG is dedicated to providing a respectful, welcoming, accessible, and inclusive environment in the provision of goods and services for customers, clients, and employees alike. OSEG will provide goods and services to people with disabilities in a manner that respects their dignity and independence while assuring equality of opportunity and integration. Furthermore, such goods and services will be provided in accordance with the spirit and intent of all applicable legislation including the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disability Act (AODA), the Human Rights Code, the Occupational Health and Safety Act, and the Building Code Act.
The following is a list of OSEG’s accessibility services, with additional policy details below.
• Assistive Devices (wheelchairs, assistive listening devices, sensory kits)
• Accessible Building
• Service Disruption
• Accessible Seating
• Service Animals
• Support Persons
• Transportation & Parking
OSEG is committed to providing fully accessible service to our guests at TD Place. Our Event Services Team is trained to communicate with people with disabilities in a clear and respectful manner, taking into account each person’s particular disability. When obtaining feedback or communicating by telephone with guests, we offer to use the relay service or to communicate by email, text, or mail if telephone communication is not suitable for their needs or is not available. Hard and soft copies of this and other OSEG public policies are available upon request and at no extra cost in regular or large font, and may be mailed or emailed, in a timely manner. OSEG’s internet and web content conform to the World Wide Web Consortium Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.0 at Level A. All website and web content will conform to WCAG 2.0 Level AA in 2021.
OSEG welcomes guests with disabilities to TD Place and encourages them to use their own personal assistive devices. OSEG will ensure employees are trained and are familiar with various assistive devices that may be used by any individuals with disabilities while accessing the goods or services in areas accessible to the public.
Wheelchairs: Our Event Services Team can provide wheelchair escorts for temporary transit within the TD Place venue. Guests requiring the use of an oxygen tank may bring it with them into the venue, though we ask that guests notify our Event Services Team so that we can determine if their current seat is the best accommodation for this assistive device.
Assistive Listening Devices: OSEG also offers the use of assistive listening devices during events at TD Place. Please visit the Event Services booth upon arrival to sign-out this device, which wirelessly connects to our in-house auditory system. The devices can receive headphones via the headset jack, or connect via Bluetooth to a personal auditory device. OSEG will not provide the auditory equipment (i.e. wired or Bluetooth headsets).
Sensory Kits: OSEG offers kits with tools that reduce the stimulus often associated with sporting and entertainment events. Kits can be signed-out free of charge, in exchange for a valid Driver’s license at any of our Event Services booths. The kits include: sunglasses, noise-reducing earmuffs, fidget, and sensory toys, and bacterial wipes.
Accessible Support Entrances are located at Gate 4 for stadium events, and Gate 1 for arena events at TD Place.
TD Place offers elevators, family washrooms for people with disabilities and their support person, as well as wheelchair-accessible stalls in all washrooms.
OSEG will provide prompt notice to the public when there is a temporary disruption of access to facilities or goods and services usually used by our guests with disabilities. This notice will include information about the reason for the disruption, its anticipated duration, and a description of alternative facilities or goods and services that may be available. Notice of the disruption will be posted in multiple places including the Box Office, Event Services booths, and, where possible, at the point of disruption. When possible, disruptions that are known in advance will be posted online.
In the event of an emergency, emergency response procedures will be directed by venue representatives in multiple formats.
Accessible seats at TD Place may be purchased as a single or in pairs to accommodate the guest and a support person by phoning TD Place Box Office at 613-232-6767. Accessible season tickets or packages may be purchased by calling the Sales Team at 613-232-6767 Ext 1. Guests who wish to purchase a ticket for an accessible seat at the event should visit our Box Office located beside Gate 3. Accommodation will be based on availability and cannot be guaranteed.
Exchanging Standard Tickets for Accessible Seating:
• Season Seat Holder – Season Seat Holders looking to exchange their standard seat for an accessible seat should contact the Sales Team at 613-232-6767 Ext 1. Exchanges will be processed based on ticket availability.
• Seats gifted from a Season Seat Holder – If a guest is given a ticket for a standard seat from a Season Seat Holder and is looking to exchange it for an accessible seat, they should contact the Sales Team at 613-232-6767 Ext 1. Please note that we will require a permission/confirmation in writing from the season seat holder in order to proceed, and exchanges will be processed based on ticket availability.
• Seats purchased from TD Place Box Office – If a guest purchases a ticket for a standard seat through TD Place and is looking to exchange it for an accessible seat, they should contact TD Place at 613-232-6767 to confirm availability. If an accessible seat is available, the exchange will be processed.
• Seats purchased from a third party – If a guest purchases a ticket for a standard seat from a third party, or any other method that cannot be traced, and they require an accessible seat, an exchange or refund cannot be offered. These guests should contact TD Place Box Office directly at 613-232-6767 to inquire about the availability of an accessible seat to purchase.
OSEG welcomes guests with disabilities and their service animals to TD Place. Service animals may accompany the guest in any areas open to the general public. To ensure the safety of our guests and their service animals, we require that they be seated in an accessible seating section.
OSEG welcomes guests with disabilities and their support person to TD Place. All guests entering the venue, including those acting as a support person, are required to hold a valid ticket. Tickets for a support person will be charged according to standard event pricing. If a guest and their support person come to an event and have tickets in different sections, our Event Services Team will do their best to relocate them to a location where they can be seated together. In certain situations, OSEG may require that the person with a disability be accompanied by a support person in order to access the premises, for health and safety reasons and in which instance, standard event pricing will not be charged.
TRANSPORTATION & PARKING
In collaboration with OC Transpo and STO, OSEG is pleased to provide accessible Park & Shuttle and Take Transit service on all routes to TD Place and will drop off and pick-up on Bank Street near Gate 1, which is a designated Accessible Support Entrance location.
During major events at TD Place, additional parking spaces near elevator lobbies within the underground garage for guests who require accessible parking. The designated Para Transpo and Taxi pick-up/drop-off zones are located at our Accessible Support Entrances, near Gate 4 for stadium events, and Gate 1 for arena events. Our Event Services Team are also at those locations to provide assistance to guests.
TD Place is happy to provide wheelchairs to transport guests that may require assistance to and from their mode of transport and their seats upon arrival at TD Place. A member of our Event Services Team can meet guests at our Accessible Support Entrance located at Gates 1 or 4 to ensure they receive the appropriate attention. Please note, due to the limited number of wheelchairs, guests are not able to remain seated in them for the entire event. TD Place does not provide wheelchair rentals. If you would like to arrange for a wheelchair escort or to have a member of our Event Services Team assist you in getting to your seats, please contact us at least 24 hours prior to your arrival at 1-844-FAN-INFO (326-4636) or by email at email@example.com.
OSEG will also ensure that our Event Services Team, our Sales Team, the staff of all third parties operating within TD Place, volunteers, as well as those who are involved in the development of corporate policies, practices, and procedures have received training on serving our guests with disabilities.
Training, provided in print and through video sessions, covers the following:
• A review of the purposes of the AODA and the requirements of its Customer Service Standard, and related OSEG policies and practices.
• How to interact and communicate with people with various types of disabilities.
• How to interact with people with disabilities who use an assistive device or require the assistance of a service animal or the assistance of a support person.
• How to use equipment or devices available at the venue that may help with the provision of goods or services to a person with a disability. OSEG team members that assist with motorized vehicles and wheelchairs will receive additional training on specific handling procedures.
• What to do if a person with a particular type of disability is having difficulty accessing the goods or services provided by OSEG.
This training will be provided as part of our pre-season training program each year. For all staff members that join our team after this point, this training will be provided within the new hire training class and may be provided in a way that best suits the duties and job functions of the employees. Ongoing training will be provided with respect to any changes to OSEG policies, practices, and procedures.
FEEDBACK & QUESTIONS
Feedback or questions about this policy can be provided to our Event Services Team in the method preferred by the guest:
• In person during an event
• By phone by dialing 844-FAN-INFO (844-326-4636)
• Email firstname.lastname@example.org
• Online at https://www.tdplace.ca/contact-us/
• Fan-info texting during ticketed events at 613-777-6759
• By mail to:
OSEG | Attention: Event Services
1015 Bank Street
Ottawa, ON K1S 3W7
OSEG is committed to providing a respectful, welcoming, accessible, and inclusive environment in the provision of goods and services for customers, clients, and employees alike. OSEG welcomes feedback on all issues, especially related to the way we provide goods and services to people with disabilities. All feedback and comments will be directed to the appropriate department for review and replied to within seven (7) days.