REDBLACKS looking to change the story against Tiger-Cats this weekend
The Ottawa REDBLACKS continue their month of October away from home with a road date against the Hamilton Tiger-Cats on Saturday afternoon.
Coming off a hard-fought 28-21 loss to the Toronto Argonauts last weekend, the REDBLACKS will be in tough looking to score a win against the East Division-leading Ti-Cats. With 12 wins, Hamilton comes into the game with four more victories than the second-place Montreal Alouettes.
Meanwhile, the REDBLACKS will once again turn to Will Ardnt under centre after the young QB impressed in his first CFL start last week in Toronto.
The REDBLACKS will close out October next weekend with another tilt against the Argonauts in Toronto before closing out the regular season schedule at home on November 1 against Montreal.
SCOUTING THE OPPOSITION
The CFL gasped when Hamilton starting QB Jeremiah Masoli went down with a season-ending injury early in the year. But since coming on in relief, Dane Evans has taken ownership of the opportunity and enters Saturday’s game with 2,923 yards, 16 touchdowns and 11 interceptions on the season. The Tiger-Cats also boast two 1,000-yard receivers, with the speedy Brandon Banks leading the way with 1,233 yards and nine touchdowns, followed by Bralon Addision and his 1,123 yards and seven majors.
- Though the REDBLACKS have had their share of offensive struggles this season, a bright spot has been receiver Dominique Rhymes. The 26-year-old Miami native hit the 1,000-yard mark for the first time in his CFL career last week in Toronto.
- The REDBLACKS are expected to once again go with the all-Canadian running back duo of Brendan Gillanders and Greg Morris.
- The last time Ottawa and Hamilton played back on August 17, the Tiger-Cats came away with a 21-7 victory.
- Former REDBLACKS DB Rico Murray, who played in Ottawa in 2018, is the lone former Ottawa player on the Hamilton roster.
- The REDBLACKS are one of three OSEG teams playing this weekend, with the 67’s in action at home on Friday and Monday and Fury FC playing on the road Saturday night.
Ottawa REDBLACKS @ Hamilton Tiger-Cats | Week 19 – October 19, 2019
Kickoff – 4 p.m. EDT | Tim Hortons Field
TV (EN): TSN | Web: TSN.ca/LIVE / TSN GO
TV: (Int’l): ESPN2 | BT Sport (UK/Ireland)
Radio (EN): TSN 1200 | TSN1200.ca
Radio (FR): fm 104,7 | FM1047.ca
Radio (Satellite): SiriusXM Canada Channel 167 (EN) and 174 (FR