REDBLACKS look to head into bye week on winning note
The REDBLACKS are Regina-bound this weekend as Ottawa looks to sweep the season series against the Saskatchewan Roughriders in enemy territory.
With Saturday’s tilt the final game for the REDBLACKS before their second bye week of the season, Ottawa will be looking to wrap up this part of the schedule with an important W.
The last time these two teams met saw Ottawa put on one of its best performances of the young season in a 44-41 win over the Riders. Dominique Davis completed 30 of 39 passes for 354 yards and three touchdowns in that one, while Dominique Rhymes, RJ Harris and JC Beaulieu each found the end zone.
The REDBLACKS will need more of that offense against a Saskatchewan team that is always tough to play at home.
- After seeing his record-smashing streak of 69 consecutive field goals come to an end last weekend, kicker Lewis Ward promptly hit two in a row to start a new streak.
- Key pieces who rarely get the attention their play deserves, Nigel Romick and Jean-Philippe Bolduc lead the REDBLACKS will 11 special teams tackles each, good enough for fourth in the CFL.
- The 65 defensive tackles recorded by Avery Williams puts him second in the league.
- Receiver Dominique Rhymes leads the REDBLACKS with 526 yards on 36 catches this season, to go along with two touchdowns.
- Ottawa CFL teams have an all-time record of 29-43-0-2 since 1910 against teams in Saskatchewan.
SCOUTING THE OPPOSITION
The Roughriders have shown plenty of resiliency since former quarterback Zach Collaros went down in Week 1. With Cody Fajardo hitting his stride, Collaros was ultimately traded to Toronto while the Riders have compiled a 5-3 record out of the gate. Fajardo is completing more than 74 % of his passes with his favourite targets being Shaquelle Evans (607 yards on 31 catches) and Kyran Moore (492 yards on 34 catches). Saturday’s game also marks the second meeting between the REDBLACKS and former running back William Powell, who has put up 527 rushing yards so far this season in Regina.
Hamilton Tiger-Cats @ Ottawa REDBLACKS | Week 10 – August 17th, 2019
Kickoff – 7 p.m. EDT | Mosaic Stadium
7 PM ET |TV : EN: TSN | Radio: EN: TSN 1200 | FR: 104,7 FM Outaouais